As an English Hub we will be running a number of events to support other schools to develop on the Department for Education's priority areas
Early language development
Age appropriate phonics provision
Promoting a love of reading
We would also like to invite you to attend one of our free open events where you will have a chance to see:
• Teaching the early stages of reading in Nursery
• How phonics is taught from Nursery, through EYFS and to Key Stage 1
• How to make the library a central part of your school
• The use of IT to develop language skills
• How children manage their own learning and targets
• How to make oracy a key part of your school
• Innovative ways to teach English in every lesson
You may also be interested in some of the other events that Cornerstone Teaching School are running in 2019...
Unlocking the Door to the Wider Curriculum
In March we will be having a conference aimed at inspiring teachers and school leaders to effectively embed and develop English skills in the wider curriculum, using exciting and innovative approaches. Speakers will share strategies on how to engage all children to become successful readers and creative writers through the primary years and on into secondary school. This is a fantastic opportunity to hear from nationally and regionally renowned speakers.
If you're unable to attend our conference in person there is an option to attend virtually via Skype